- Be flexible with your travel dates. If you can fly on weekdays or during the off-season, you’re more likely to find cheaper fares.
- Book your tickets in advance. The earlier you book the more likely you are to get a good deal.
- Use a flight search engine. Flight search engines like Google Flights, Kayak, and Sky scanner compare fares from multiple airlines so you can find the best deal.
- Consider flying into a smaller airport. airports often have lower
- landing fees, which can translate into lower fares for passengers.
- Sign up for email alerts from airlines. Many airlines offer email alerts for fare sales and promotions.
Here are some additional tips for finding cheap airline tickets:
- Be flexible with your travel times. If you can fly early in the morning or late at night, you’re more likely to find cheaper fares.
- Consider flying on a budget airline. Budget airlines like Spirit Airlines and Ryanair offer lower fares, but they often have fewer amenities and more restrictions.
- Use a travel credit card. Many travel credit cards offer rewards that can be redeemed for flights.
- Check for travel deals. There are a number of websites that aggregate travel deals from different sources.
Tips for saving money on airline fees
In addition to the cost of the fare, there are a number of other fees that can add up when you fly. Here are a few tips for saving money on airline fees:
- Check the baggage restrictions carefully. Most airlines charge fees for checked bags, so it’s important to check the baggage restrictions carefully before you fly.
- Bring your own food and drinks. Airlines often charge high prices for food and drinks on board, so it can save you money to bring your own.
- Use a travel credit card. Many travel credit cards offer waivers for checked bag fees and other airline fees.